10.28.2007

Oh bands

Tonight I watched a band from Fullerton, CA - yeah I totally gave you a link - get brutal at Red7. Oh these bands - Belay My Last are nothing more than brutal breakdown after brutal breakdown, chug after chug, fuck you after fuck you, pig squeal upon pig squeal. I mean - they're really not that far rem0ved from Slipkont. These kids just sport tight t-shirts, Nike Dunks, and plugged out ears over Halloween masks. I honestly don't see the different. It appeals to the same meat-head, suburban attitude. Meaningless. Completely meaningless.

Fullerton - basically Los Angeles. What these "big city" bands don't understand is, you're ability to draw 500 kids in LA, your ridiculous myspace "friend" collection and the fact Joe Douchebag in Hotlanta said he really wants to see Belay My Last - none of these translates to an actual draw.

I will say this. Belay My Last had some wicked merch:


I mean, come on. Black hoodie with a green and gery skull / cross combo. That's wicked.

There seemed to be some beef going on between Belay My Last and headliner The Demonstration. I can't tell exactly and so I hate to speculate - but something tells me this was a tour put together by an overzealous booking agent and/our record label. At the end of the day, The Demonstration is no different than Austin's owen At All Cost. It seems, much like the Cost gets plenty of grief and shit on the road, The Demonstration are not the most beloved band outside of the North Carolina coast. Dragonforce meets Disturbed meets Drop Dead, Gorgeous, The Demonstration is cliche to the max, a total joke and nothing more than an amalgamation of everything hip in the underground metal scene. Just like a riptide, we'll suck you in - add this to the list of absurdly cliche and overall lame lyricism.

Come on guys - everyone saw straight through everything you do. Give it up. You, my friends, are a prime example of everything that is wrong with myspace and subsequently the internet in general. You shouldn't be on tour? Why?

No comments: