5.12.2008

Some New Music



The Cool Kids - "Miami Beach"
here
Off their soon-to-be-released EP The Bake Sale. Tracks is dope. Typical Cool Kids party shit but hey, that's what they do. "Everywhere I go I act an ass..." amen, brotha.



Jimi Hendrix - "Gloria" (cover)
here
Jacked this one from the guys over at I Guess I'm Floating. Jimi could rock a cover song like nobodies business and he definitely takes this one in a direction Van Morrison never could have imagined. The spoken word parts are rad as fuck. Consider the Source did a cover of this last year sometime. Never thought to do with it what Jimi did, but we had fun either way.



Tyga - "Space Joyridin"
here
Hate all you want, I can't wait for Tyga's new record to drop (on Decaydance Records, home of Fall Out Boy, Cobra Starship, Gym Class Heroes, etc). This is off the latest installment of his mixtape series "No Introduction." Download that shit for free off his myspace - www.myspace.com/tyga. Lil Wayne is all over that shit.



4 or 5 Magicians - "Forever on the Edge"
here
I have a thing for songs about being a struggling musician, a dreamer, etc so this is sort of my anthem right now. These kids are from Bristol, England and have a great pop sound that would be altogether generic if not for Dan Ormsby's clever delivery and penchant for self-deprecating humor.

No comments: