1.27.2008

Colin Munroe



Colin Munroe is this cat from Toronto that I'm really feeling right now. His latest release is a remix/cover of Kanye West's "Flashing Lights" (Graduation, 2007) available on his myspace profile. He's also dropped this beautiful music video for the track:



I guess I'm really just feeling this tracks as a struggling musican and artist myself. I WANT THOSE FLASHING LIGHTS for real - just gotta get that shit PLAYED.

Beyond this track though, Munroe's material is interesting, but nowehere near the quality of his Kanye remix. According to his myspace profile, the young songwriter has hooked up with Dallas Austin to work on some tracks. Could this kid be some sort of Canadian J.T.? It's certainly a possibility.



Here's another video from Munroe, a great stop motion flick for the Ben Fold's like "World of Pain." This is more piano rock akin to The Fray or some other adult-oriented pop but still an entertaining video and decent song.

No comments: