9.28.2006

Nagasaki Got Nothing

i
this is the aftermath
of a nuclear
disaster
ii
I climb a treetop
and look out past the fallout
this is where you left me
the oceans are rising like
the earth is crying
she called this the danger zone
“zen”

I wipe the table clean to serve the nuclear family dinner
my blood
now radioactively charged

“I need a new form of transportation
something better to ride.”

nuclear fission is the hyperactivity of my soul
I’m in danger of splitting atoms
this is the splitting of you
and I
could wipe out the fucking planet
and leave nothing
behind
this is your pride
poisoned
“with my ego I could kill continents”

“Alas, Babylon”
“where do we go from here?”

this is the point
of catastrophic conclusions
and I’m standing in the middle of it
like standing in shit
and I
ignite, and radiate the croplands
this is the feeling you feed off
“and for my next trick…”
iii
without me
to point the finger at you, your
pride
will be drained
“by the power
vested in me
I now pronounce you
a wasteland,” wetlands

your flesh will burn when you enter, “me
I’ll be ok.”

“look at the big picture”
look at what you caused

when you die of cancer with lesions on your skin
and legions at your feet
they’ll proclaim
my name
for the horror’s you’ve inflicted.

like anthrax
or syntax error, you
will burn
with the sinners
and sluts.

No comments: